David Moyes

7/9/13
David Moyes: "I wasn't offered the Man United manager's job, Fergie just told me 'You're next' "

David Moyes insists he had no inkling of the possibility prior to Ferguson’s call and said: “It was a really strange situation for me.

“I had no idea whatsoever. I knew nothing at all until Sir Alex gave me a call and asked me to come to his house.

“I was expecting him to say ‘I’m going to take one of your players’ or something else.

“I went in and the first thing he said to me was ‘I’m retiring’.

“I said ‘When?’, because he was never retiring and he said ‘next week’. “And his next words were ‘you’re the next Manchester United manager’.

“So I didn’t get the chance to say yes or no. I was told that I was the next Manchester United manager and that was enough.

“As you can imagine, the blood drained from my face. I was really shocked. More shocked that Sir Alex had chosen to retire.

“But inside I was incredibly thrilled that I was going to be given the chance to manage Manchester United."

No comments:

Post a Comment